Yet another reason why we love hosting our WordPress instances on WPEngine is the easy access to PHP logs to provide us with information on errors in our clients’ themes and plugins we’re developing in. While that’s great for WordPress development, many hosts don’t provide easy access to log files and errors on other hosting platforms.
Bugsnag is a great SaaS platform that automatically detects crashes in your apps developed in Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, Android, iOS, Node.js or Unity (including Android and iOS).
- Notifications – Easily control when you are notified about exceptions: on the first occurrence, every time or even an unusual increase in activity. Get notifications via email, Campfire, HipChat, GitHub Issues, Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, Web Hooks and more…
- Search – Filter through your application’s errors with ease using full-text search. Bugsnag allows you to search by error type, error message and even the location of the error.
- Real-time tracking – immediately understand how many of your users are affected by an exception so you can identify and fix the most important problems first. Bugsnag gives you multiple views on your incoming exceptions, see all exceptions appear in real-time, or view grouped by type.
- Exceptions – With our exception resolving and deploy tracking features, you can ensure you are focusing on the most important issues in your application. Having your exceptions under control never felt so good.
- Intelligent indicators – show you when a new exception type appears or when a particular exception has an unusual increase in activity. Instantly see how many times each exception has occurred, how many users were affected and track which versions of your application experienced the problem.
- Exception grouping – Errors are grouped in the smartest way possible, helping you cut out the noise and identify the real problems. Our context-aware plugins understand exactly what was happening in your app when an exception occurred. Never get flooded with duplicate emails again.
Bugsnag can be loaded to your site via Segment.io as well – ensuring your site’s speed isn’t impacted.