Over 85% of the world’s email traffic is considered malicious, making it much more difficult for valid email marketers to get their messages to the inbox. In some cases, being blacklisted can cause up to 70+% (maybe more depending on where you send mail to) of your email to be rejected or placed in the Spam/Junk/Bulk folder. Over 20% of legitimate email goes missing.
For quite some time, options were both limited and very expensive for large email senders to measure their inbox placement rate (IPR). Until now! 250ok is helping to revolutionize the email deliverability industry, one successfully delivered message at a time. Their tools help companies quickly identify issues so they can adjust their strategic and tactical plans; resulting in improved results and increased ROI.
We’ve been rather quiet about 250ok, a sponsor and friend of the Marketing Technology Blog. Founder Greg Kraios has been a friend of mine since he was troubleshooting deliverability issues at ExactTarget – in my opinion one of the key talents the company hired early that helped them scale their deliverability ahead of other email service providers. Greg has been working non-stop since before I started my agency to get his dream off the ground and it’s really taking shape. We spent many a dinner over Thai food talking about business as new entrepreneurs.
Coupled with the design and investment chops of Exit 31 (who are also doing work for us), the deliverability suite of products that 250ok has rolled out provide everything you need to help troubleshoot and monitor inbox placement, email reputation, and design. We’ve been using it here on the Marketing Technology Blog with our email service, CircuPress, to monitor our performance.
The platform is broken down into 4 key sections:
- Inbox Informant – Easily track inbox, spam, and missed percentages and break down specific email deliverability issues by campaign.
- Blacklist Informant – Monitor your network (IPs and domains) to ensure you are quickly notified if and when you are identified on a blacklist.
- Design Informant – see how your campaigns look in over 30 email clients and mobile devices before you send. Our comprehensive design reports include rendering previews, images and links analysis, spam checking, and more. Email previews are powered by Litmus
- Email Informant – measure how customers engage with your email campaigns. Did they read the email in length or simply skim through it? Did they forward your email? Which email client did they view it from and is your email template properly optimized?
- Reputation Informant – Protect your brand and customers. Quickly detect problematic mailing activity and protect yourself from phishing, spamming, and spoofing. 250ok has also added a DMARC Dashboard to help you identify trends with mail compliance, SPF and DKIM results, and detection of new sending IPs.
Email has always been one of the best channels in our digital marketing efforts. When it comes to protecting our brand’s reputation and identifying deliverability issues before it’s too late, we needed a best in class solution. That solution was 250ok! – Peter Lazarz – Director of Marketing, Angie’s List
What is Inbox Placement Rate?
The inbox placement rate is a deliverability benchmark that is used to determine what percentage of emails reach the intended subscriber’s inbox in permission-based email marketing. Marketers are focusing on inbox placement rate as a key metric instead of determining deliverability based only on email bounce rates.