Copyright attorneys are at it again, this time to provide unprecedented powers to the government in the defense of privacy litigation. The Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA) is a very worrisome piece of legislation that advocates are trying to push through and get approved as early as Christmas.
Please take a minute to view this video and take action by sending a message to your elected officials.
Don’t take my word for it, this is truly an egregious piece of legislation that, at minimum will destroy the ability for communication to happen freely and at maximum, could provide the federal government with overwhelming control to censor the Internet. Here are some additional articles:
- SOPA: Hollywood Finally Gets A Chance to Break the Internet (EFF)
- House takes Senate’s bad Internet censorship bill, tries making it worse (Ars Technica)
- Protect The Internet (Brad Feld)
- Protecting The Safe Harbors Of The DMCA And Protecting Jobs (Business Insider)
- S.978 – Commercial Felony Streaming Act