It seems every week that a social network is changing layouts and requiring new dimensions for their profile photos and their background canvas. Tent social rightly calls it The Ridiculously Exhaustive Social Media Dimensions Blueprint.
Social Media Dimensions Quick Reference
- Facebook Image Dimensions – Facebook Cover photo: 851 x 315, Facebook Profile photo: 180 x 180
- Twitter Image Dimensions – Twitter Header image: 520 x 260, Twitter Profile image: 81 x 81. The new layout they’re testing is 1500 x 500.
- Google+ Image Dimensions – Google+ Cover photo: 2120 x 1192, Google+ Profile photo: 270 x 270
- LinkedIN Image Dimensions – LinkedIN Cover photo: 646 x 220, LinkedIN Profile photo: 100 x 60
- Pinterest Image Dimensions – Pinterest Profile Photo: 160 x 165
- Instagram Image Dimensions – Instagram Profile Photo: 110 x 110
- YouTube Image Dimensions – YouTube Cover Art: 2560 x 1440, YouTube Cover Art Safe Area: 1546 x 423
If you’re a designer, keep this infographic handy… and prepare for some changes soon. You would think that, by now, we’d have some standards on profile images, business logo dimensions, and background canvas sizes… but I don’t see the platforms working together just yet to reduce the time businesses have to take to accomodate them all.Related