This holiday season some doubt was spread as to the impact of social media on ecommerce sales. Since the holiday season is dominated by discounting, I tend to disagree that social’s impact is diminished. 8thBridge has developed this infographic that reviews ecommerce platforms and how social impacts the purchasing process. 8thBridge are makers of the Graphite, a social commerce platform that integrates a social experience into the purchase funnel.
Consumer findings from the report
- 44% say they are most likely to discover new products on Facebook compared to 21% on Pinterest and 13% on Twitter
- 37% don’t pay attention to posts about products.
- 56% do not share things on social networks to get rewards.
Brand findings from the report
- 35% of companies researched had apps on Facebook that were not functioning and/or were out of date.
- 51% of companies have incorporated the Pin It button
Download the full Social Commerce IQ Report from 8thBridge.Related