We’re always on the lookout for great tools and with a $5 billion industry, SEO is one market that has a ton of tools to help you. Whether you’re researching you or your competitors’ backlinks, trying to identify keywords and cocurrence terms, or simply trying to monitor how your site is ranking, here are the most popular SEO tools and platforms on the market.
Some key features of search engine optimization platforms
- Monitoring Keyword Rankings – the ability to enter keywords and then monitor their ranking over time is a core feature of most of the platforms. Given that search results are mostly personalized, this ability is largely used for overall trending analysis to see whether the efforts you’re making are improving your ranking on keywords or not.
- Local Keyword Rank Monitoring – since the location of the search user and your business can play a huge role, many of the keyword monitoring platforms provide a means to track your ranking by geographic location.
- Keyword Discovery – while many of the monitoring platforms provide you with accurate rankings, they don’t allow you to discover what keywords you might be ranking on that you’re unaware of.
- Backlinks Analysis – if your site is linked to on sites with poor search engine authority, you can have a terrible time ranking. Being able to analyze the volume and quality of the links that are pointing to your domains is imperative for advanced troubleshooting of ranking issues and competitive analysis.
- Keyword Research – understanding keyword related to the products and services you provide is critical to your content marketing efforts. Keyword research tools often offer co-occurrence keywords, question-related keyword combinations, long-tail keyword combinations and the competitiveness of the keyword (so you don’t waste your time trying to rank on terms you don’t stand a chance gaining traction on.
- Scraping & Internal Analysis – Tools that analyze your site hierarchy, page construction, page speed, and other associated issues are fantastic for correcting issues that might be less obvious but that could be causing you a great deal of problems when ranking.
- Social Influence – It’s only natural that the attention you attract across social media is a great indicator of the authority you’ve built with search engines. Newer SEO platforms are providing insight into the correlation between search and social and it’s paying off!
- Data Mining – Strangely missing from many of these platforms is the ability to tag, categorize, aggregate, data mine and develop reports across very large sets of keywords. For that reason, DK New Media built it’s own SEO platform for large publishers. Let us know if you’re interested!
List of SEO Tools for Links, Keywords and Rank Tracking
AccuRanker – Automate the process of looking up how your keywords rank on Google and Bing search engines with up-to-the-second updates.
Ahrefs Site Explorer – The largest and the freshest index of live links. Index is updated every 15 min.
AuthorityLabs – Track website rankings in Google, Yahoo!, and Bing daily. Our automated SERP tracking saves you time and helps you respond quickly to ranking changes.
Bing Webmaster Tools – improve your site’s performance in search. Get access to free reports, tools and resources.
BrightEdge SEO is the first SEO platform to deliver proven ROI – enabling marketers to increase revenue from organic search in a measurable and predictable way.
Cognitive SEO Unique SEO features that will boost your link analysis and link building results.
Colibri gives you insight into how to get more traffic and customers from SEO.
Conductor Searchlight is the most widely used SEO platform – empowering enterprise marketers to take control of their search performance.
Cuutio Inbound Marketing Platform – Know your exact positions and competitive situation on Google, keep track of the results of
search engine optimization and analyze the overall performance of your important keywords
Ginzametrics makes enterprise SEO simple and is the only platform to help marketers effectively monetize traffic from organic search.
Google Webmaster Tools – provides you with detailed reports about your pages’ visibility on Google.
gShift’s SEO software system centralizes your clients’ SEO data (rank, backlinks, social signals, competitive intelligence, Google Analytics and keyword research) and provides automated, scheduled, white-labeled SEO reports leaving more time for your services team to implement the SEO tasks that will improve your clients’ web presence.
Majestic SEO – Link intelligence tools for SEO and Internet PR and Marketing. Site Explorer shows inbound link and site summary data.
Meta Forensics – Meta Forensics is a website architecture, internal link analysis and SEO tool that helps identify unseen website problems that may be affecting your visitors, search engine crawlers and ultimately, hampering your site.
Monitor Backlinks – Keep all of your link data under one roof with our management tools.
mySEOTool – SEO Software Used by Thousands of Web Designers, SEO Consultants & Agencies to manage their SEO clients.
Ontolo – Our Link Building Toolset has become one of the most-often recommended internet marketing and link building tools by the top SEO and link building experts for it’s automation and link prospecting abilities.
Posirank – Our wholesale platform not only centralizes every imaginable SEO service into a single dashboard – it also supports total automation.
Positionly is powerful, user-friendly tools that make improving your website an enjoyable experience. Monitor daily changes, measure SEO performance, and improve search engine rankings with simplicity.
Pro Rank Tracker – Get the most up to date, easy to analyse ranking information on all your websites, so you can stay one step ahead of the competition and maximize your profits.
RankAbove’s Drive SEO Platform and business intelligence software enables you to dig deeper into SEO information already at your fingertips.
Rankinity – Check your website positions and analyze your competitors in popular search engines in real-time.
SerpYou – clean and easy to use interface and is both fast and accurate.
RankRanger – daily reports and insight into your website traffic and marketing achievements.
Siteoscope – keyword ranking, competitor tracking, social media analysis and automated reporting.
RankScanner – Monitor your keywords’ positions on Google with a free account.
RankWatch – Rank analysis, backlink watch, keyword suggestions, white labeling, reporting and website analyzer.
Raven has 30+ tools to help you get results in all of these online marketing tasks.
Rio SEO is the best SEO platform to deliver global search success across Organic, Local Search, Mobile and Social Media for Top Brands & Agencies.
SE Ranking – a universal search engine monitoring system offering both hosted and self-hosted solutions.
SE-Intel is the world’s first SEO platform specifically designed with internet marketers in Asia in mind, complete with a full set of features that meet the needs of the vastly different search environment in Asia.
Searchmetrics – Our search and social analytics software Searchmetrics Suite with data-based analysis and intelligent solutions enables marketers and SEOs to monitor and optimize national or international SEO actions and thus increase market share, revenue and profits.
The Search Monitor – Unlimited reporting on all competitors and affiliates listed within universal search results on your keywords.
SEMrush is created by SEO/SEM professionals for SEO/SEM professionals. We have the knowledge, expertise, and data to help you take your projects to the next level. We collect massive amounts of SERP data for more than 95 million keywords and 45 million domains.
SEO Rank Monitor – Boost your rankings, Track your competitors, and monitor SEO performance with the most comprehensive rank tracking in the industry.
SEO Scheduler – Affordable small business SEO software for budget conscious website owners.
seoClarity is the first and only Enterprise SEO Platform that provides you complete visibility into ALL of your SEO efforts
SERPS.com – Improve your SEO results. See how your SEO is working with this beautiful dashboard. No code to install. Fast 5-minute setup. Keyword rankings updated daily.
SERP Scan – tracks your website’s search engine position for the keywords that matter to you.
SERPWoo – Monitor ALL Top 20+ Results For Your Keywords and get alerts when competitors increase their backlinks, social signals, rankings, and more.
sg.SerpStat Keyword Suggestion Tool — popular keywords and their various forms used by people who are looking for interesting products, services or information.
SpyFu exposes the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors. Search for any domain and see every place they’ve shown up on Google: every keyword they’ve bought on Adwords, every organic rank, and every ad variation in the last 6 years.
SyCara’s SEO Platform provides users with industry-leading workflow management, local search rankings, social media reporting, and SEO analysis.
UpCity – Let UpCity help your small business get free traffic from search engines, social media and local directories.
WebMeUp SEO tools combine the convenience of online SEO software with the data-richness only desktop apps could provide.
WooRank is a dynamic grade on a 100-point scale that represents your internet marketing effectiveness at a given time. (The average score is 50.) The WooRank is based on a website review of 70 factors ranging from keywords to usability and social monitoring. Far more than a number, the WooRank review provides you with valuable insights and tips to help you take the online world by storm.
Wordtracker offers Keyword Research tools for SEO and PPC, Rank Tracking and Site Analysis tools.
Note: We do have affiliate accounts with some of these platforms.