As more authors have begun to participate in The Marketing Technology Blog, I wanted to ensure that they are given full credit for their blog posts. At first, I simply customized my theme and added the appropriate code, but really needed to create a widget instead.
- Customize the title
- Retrieves the gravatar of the author based on their bio email
- Option to display the author information in the feed as well
- Compatible with WordPress 2.8+
- Only displayed on Single Post pages
- Current version: 1.1.0
- Copy the Plugin to your WordPress Plugin Folder.
- Activate the Plugin in your WordPress Admin
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag the Author Info widget to the location you’d like in the sidebar.
Author Widget Updates
- 1.1.0 – Added optional checkbox to widget to display author information in the feed.
- 1.0.0 – Release
Preview of Author Info with my theme:
Preview of Author Info in Feed: