Modern testing engines are quite robust and provide a ton of insight that can drive huge improvements in conversion rates. But they’ve never been simple. Ripping apart your web pages and inserting scripts everywhere is never fun. A solid test requires planning, implementation and execution… and when the results are in it requires you to do it all over again.
Scott Hoffman of Sociocast told me to check out Optimizely, a testing solution that actually embeds directly into your site and allows you to add and edit tests directly within your site. You have to see it to believe it:
- Reduce bottlenecks – Optimizely acts as your on-demand technical team, with technology that turns your creative changes into instantly generated and deployed code.
- More testing, no coding – After inserting a single line of code generated by Optimizely into your HTML, you never have to touch the code base again – from there, you have instant testing capability, and any variation you create can be live to your visitors within minutes.
- Track what matters – Track engagement, clicks, conversions, sign ups, or anything else that matter to you and your business. Optimizely’s custom goal tracking provides an endless range of measurable actions that you can define.
- Maintain control – The Optimizely platform is built to service users of all-types, from large enterprises, to agencies, to small businesses and more. With this in mind, the platform has administrative and project management functionality – easily create additional user accounts, organize projects and view your experiment inventory in an intuitive and easily navigable dashboard.
- Test on your terms and timeline – Advanced targeting, allocation, and scheduling features provide maximum flexibility and allow you to run tests on your terms. Schedule your tests to run when you want, target your test to key visitor segments, and precisely control the allocation of your visitors to variations.
- Work with your existing systems – One click will integrate Optimizely with a range of popular analytics tools, like SiteCatalyst, KISSmetrics, and Google Analytics, and Optimizely’s full-fledged API will give you the power to seamlessly integrate your testing data into virtually anywhere else you choose.
- Revenue now, deploy later – When you find winning variations, you can immediately allocate 100% of your visitors to those variations, until your technical team can deploy those changes to your live site. This means you never have to wait to react to the performance insights your tests uncover, and the results they yield.
- Multivariate and parallel tests – Optimizely’s multivariate testing capabilities let you test multiple changes to different sections in parallel, and automatically finds the best combinations to address your goals.
Optimizely has a large selection of prices based on pageviews, as well as a robust Agency offering.Related