It’s no secret that social media marketing is everywhere. We see the familiar Twitter and Facebook icons on our TV screens and in our emails. We read about it online and in the newspaper.
Unlike other more traditional forms of marketing, social media marketing is as accesible to small business owners as it is to Fortune 500 companies. The folks at Wix have put together an infographic illustrating the impact of social media on your business. Here are the highlights:
- 80% of Americans or 245 million people use at lease one social network. <Tweet This>
- 53% of people active on social networks follow at least one brand. <Tweet This>
- 48% of small businesses and entrepreneurs boosted sales using social media. <Tweet This>
- 58% of small businesses decreased marketing costs by using social media. <Tweet This>
- Facebook users share 4 billion items every day. <Tweet This>