This morning we delivered reports to one of our clients who has been with us for a couple of years. They have a great site that’s increased in relevant search traffic almost 200% over last year and they have a variety of infographics and whitepapers to entice buyers to register and begin looking at their solution. The only thing we find missing from their site is video content. We know, first hand, that video is a must now for any company who wishes to compete online.
This infographic from Video Explainers paints a very definitive picture with respect to the impact of video on your overall digital marketing. The stats are startling:
- 63% of senior executives visited a vendor site after viewing a video.
- Videos on retail sites kept visitors an average of 2 minutes longer, converted 30% more and increased the average ticket sale by 13%.
- 68% of the top retailers now use video as part of their digital marketing strategy.
- An optimized video increases the chance of your brand being on the front page of a Google search engine result by 53 times!
- 85% of customers are more likely to make a purchase after watching a product video.