The quality of guides that Econsultancy has been putting out this last year has been fantastic. I’d recommend a membership to anyone in the marketing community – it’s also very affordable. (That is our affiliate link).
This week, Econsultancy released Online Video: A Best Practice Guide. The 59-page guide covers all you need to know about what’s happening in online video, including best practice tips, platforms and techniques. The report is full of real, practical examples of organizations already using online video to help you anticipate what will be relevant for your brand.
- Exposure – search and sharing continue to drive video content strategies.
- Delivering information in a different way – videos allow both personality as well as the ability to explain complex issues easily.
- Increase sales conversions – it’s true… videos on product pages and landing pages drive conversion rates.
- Reduce abandonment and increase dwell-time – while people ready about 28% of the words on a page before leaving, a video can engage someone much longer and deeper.
- Brand engagement – Putting relevant, interesting or entertaining content out there for people to discover can help to reach new people or change opinions about your brand.
The guide walks you through developing a strategy, understanding how video works on websites, choosing an online video platform, digital rights management, social sharing, building an audience, email distribution, search engine optimization and measurement.
Here’s a great example of an advanced video analytics product, called Ooyala Backlot… which includes detailed viewer data, sharing and even conversions.
Download a sampling of the Online Video Guide from Econsultancy here.